- a “secular monastery” for debate and contemplation alongside a Nobel-sized prize for new ideas
- the world of ideas is a world that’s risky
- One of the amazing things that makes us humans is that we can think and speculate and invent and imagine, and what greater intellectual pleasure than being able to think about these things and have access to unbelievable minds, creative minds, minds that transform who we are?
- The institute will organise symposiums, promote books, produce documentaries and run a public competition celebrating new philosophical thinking
- Today there are lots of ideas generated everywhere and published everywhere. Short-term conversations, they are many. Ideological conversations, they are many. But is there a longer term, thoughtful review of these ideas?